Edition 389, 25 October 2010
- in focus 25 october 2010
- what's on around the country
- the australian qualifications framework released
- australian flexible learning framework news
- this week in social inclusion and diversity
- international engagement
- one week to go! - show us your design skills - a competition for acpet members' students
- acpet searches for chief executive officer
- acpet member wins a premier's export award
- don nardella mla visits wit
farewell party for international students
Monday, October 25 2010
Melbourne has welcomed many international students, but as they are about to finish exams and return home, it is time for Melbourne to host the SECOND FAREWELL PARTY FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS from all colleges and universities in Victoria.
This year we are releasing an original song about Melbourne by Sebastian Immaraj 'Second Home' and are calling for favourite photos from Melbourne International Students for creating a YouTube video - photos can be submited via this website
A group dance will also be performed on the night.
This exciting multicultural celebration is a free event hosted by the City of Melbourne, the Salvation Army, Newcomers Network, Australian Federation of International Students, CQ Citiclub Melbourne and the Diversity and Social Cohesion Program.
This is a free event open to friends, family members, mentors and networkers. All guests need to register online and students wanting to collect a Farewell Certificate need to bring their student card on the night.
The event information is being shared via email, forums, individual mailing lists, Facebook and Twitter.
For more information, please contact:
Gary Lee, City of Melbourne 0422 838 880
Major Brendan Nottle, Salvation Army 0433 164 502
Sue Ellson, Newcomers Network 0402 243 271