Edition 705, 15 May 2017
- 2017 APIEF & ACPET National Conference, don't miss out on early bird registrations
- ACPET 2017 Higher Education Benchmarking Initiative
- Green gown sustainability awards open to TAFEs, universities
- What is on this week in PD?
- Noteworthy Dates 2017
2017 NSW International Student Awards – nominate now
Monday, May 15 2017
The NSW, International Student Awards are organised by StudyNSW and look to celebrate the outstanding contribution of international students to communities in NSW, and recognise excellence in international student community engagement.
Award winners will be announced at an awards ceremony hosted by His Excellency General The Honourable David Hurley AC DSC (Ret'd), Governor of New South Wales.
For the first time, prize money will be offered in addition to an official certificate of recognition.
Education providers in NSW are invited to nominate for two categories of awards:
- International Student of the Year – awarded to students who have added value to the community through volunteer work, community participation activities or through touching the lives of others. In other words, inspirational role models.
Nominations are open in four subcategories: Higher education, Vocational Education and Training; Schools; and English Language Intensive Courses for Overseas Students (ELICOS).
It is recommended that providers assign a central point of contact to communicate with students and submit nominations.
- International Student Community Engagement – awarded to education providers, businesses and community groups who have introduced programs and initiatives to support international students and develop their connection with the wider community.
Nominations are open in two subcategories: education provider; and business/community group.