Edition 700, 10 April 2017
- Chance to nominate for the Australian Training Awards
- TAE implementation webcast
- National release of a Peer Review Portal
- Noteworthy Dates 2017
- What is on this week in PD?
- Introduction to International Education and Free Trade Agreement Workshops
- ACPET QLD State Forum Thursday 4 May
Chance to nominate for the Australian Training Awards
Monday, April 10 2017
Since 1994, the Australian Training Awards have recognised the outstanding achievements of apprentices, trainees, vocational students, training practitioners, businesses, secondary schools and registered training organisations for their contribution to skilling Australia.
Of the 18 categories presented, a majority of the awards are the culmination of state and territory training awards programs with winners from each state and territory eligible to compete at the national level in aligned categories. There are also seven award categories available by entering directly to the Australian Training Awards. Applicants may have the opportunity to reach the national stage in November this year and gain Australia-wide recognition for the work they do.
The 2017 Australian Training Awards are open for application now and include:
- Lifetime Achievement Award*
- National Achievement Award*
- Excellence in Language, Literacy and Numeracy Practice Award*
- Australian School-based Apprentice of the Year Award
- Vocational Student of the Year Award
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Student of the Year Award
- Australian Apprentice (Trainee) of the Year Award
- Australian Apprentice of the Year Award
- VET Teacher/Trainer of the Year Award
- Small Employer of the Year Award*
- Australian Apprenticeships – Employer Award*
- Medium Employer of the Year Award
- Large Employer of the Year Award
- Industry Collaboration Award
Registered Training Organisation
- School Pathways to VET Award*
- International Training Provider of the Year Award*
- Small Training Provider of the Year Award
- Large Training Provider of the Year Award
*Applications for this category are made directly to the Australian Training Awards. Entries close Wednesday 31 May 2017.
Application deadlines for all other awards differ state by state.
For more information, visit www.australiantrainingawards.gov.au, email email@example.com or phone 02 6240 9691.